Probate & Estate Planning
California Lawyers Serving Los Angeles & Sherman Oaks
Narvid Scott's attorneys consider the basic principles of the complex federal estate tax laws and ensure that our clients’ wishes for asset and property distribution are achieved with minimum estate, gift, and property tax consequences. We handle
- Estate planning
- Trust/Will/Conservatorship litigation
Estate planning is intended to protect assets, preserve property and investments, and map out the eventual distribution of your holdings, as well as providing instructions for the care, guardianship, and education of children under 18 years of age, and preparing healthcare directives.
Despite careful planning, a will is not a solid guarantee that the decedent’s wishes will be carried out as specified. Complications often arise; wills and estates are contested for a variety of reasons. Disputes may begin as a result of a misunderstanding, a clerical error, if an heir feels he or she has been unfairly left out, or when a family believes a close friend or caregiver has fraudulently maneuvered to be named as a beneficiary.
Additionally, wills do not provide for the confidentiality afforded by other estate planning devices such as living trusts. At the California law firm of Narvid Scott LLP, our estate planning attorneys offer a complete range of legal services including:
- Basic wills and irrevocable trusts
- Life insurance trusts
- Charitable gift and charitable trust arrangements
- Family limited partnerships
- Transfer and succession arrangements for substantial business and partnership interests
- Asset management
- Durable powers of attorney
- Living wills, health care directives, and conservatorship
The focus of our firm’s estate planning practice is advising clients about alternatives to probate, to limit the public disclosure of property and assets and details concerning the distribution of decedents’ estates. We provide clients greater control over the disposition of their assets. Narvid Scott LLP also advises clients on gift giving strategies and use and formation of non-profit organizations. Our attorneys counsel clients on
- Advantages and shortcomings of the unlimited marital deduction
- Use of Q-TIP trusts
- Advisability of unified credit trusts
- Methods of minimizing the adverse effects of the generation-skipping tax how a taxable estate can be reduced by lifetime gifts
- Use of property transfers to compliment sound estate planning techniques
Our attorneys' expertise extends to probate, trust, conservatorship, guardian, and estate litigation. Representing large and small estates, our clients include individuals, institutions non-profit organizations, trustees, administrators and conservators. When you need trusted legal guidance for probate, estate planning, and litigation in California, call our law firm at (818) 907-8986 to arrange a confidential consultation at your convenience.