Michael B. Scott
Phone: (818) 907-8986
Fax: (818) 907-9896
With a legal career that spans three decades, Michael B. Scott specializes in real estate, business, computer software and food service law, as well as real estate and business litigation, conservatorship and brand and licensing law.
Michael has represented diverse businesses and individuals (including in- and out-of-state, as well as international) in transactions, trial work, and dispute resolution. Recently, Michael has acted as California counsel to a major nationwide developer regarding a 5,000 unit mixed-use residential and commercial planned development in Northern California involving over 850 acres, handling:
- Initial acquisition of the undeveloped property
- Assistance in the entitlement process (including amendment of the Development Agreement, establishment of community facilities and services districts, and negotiating with the local authorities.)
- Drafting and negotiating numerous contracts, infrastructure, building development and utility agreements
- Retail sale and escrow documentation.
His perspective, gained from practicing in both the trial and transactional arenas, is an asset that benefits his clients. Michael has testified as an expert in legal malpractice cases involving corporate acquisitions, computer licensing, and partnership formation.
Prior to joining Narvid, Glickman, Scott & Frangie (now Narvid Scott LLP), Michael was a partner for eight years at the law firm of Gillin, Scott, Alperstein, Glantz.
Listed in Martindale-Hubbell's Bar Register of Pre-Eminent Lawyers, Michael B. Scott is among select lawyers who have earned the AV Peer Review Rating, which shows that a lawyer has reached the height of professional excellence recognized for the highest levels of skill and integrity.
Prior to receiving his J.D., Michael clerked for the Honorable Cecile F. Poole, Ninth District Federal Court, Northern District of California. Michael was among the 80 individuals initially selected to participate in the Wexner Fellowship program and is a program graduate.
Michael has contributed articles to various publications Builder and Developer and The Food Service magazines. Michael also has lectured to various real estate, owner, developer and builder groups, as well as real estate sales and brokers.
Michael is actively involved in numerous civic and community organizations, including:
- National Young Leadership Cabinet of the Jewish Federation
- Executive Committee of the Jewish National Fund, the Jewish Home for the Aging, Stephen S. Wise Long Range Planning Committee and Canyon Charter School Technology Committee and the New West Charter School Location and Legal Committees
- Vice Chair 2001 UJF General Campaign, past President of the Real Estate and Construction Division of the United Jewish Fund
- UJF Board of Directors
- UJF Executive Committee
- lay general counsel to the Los Angeles Jewish Federation
- Member, UJF's Platinum One
- Member of the Business and Professions Committee and Education Pillar Committee of the Los Angeles Jewish Federation
- Board Member of Kadima Herschel West Academy.
- Assistant Scoutmaster for Boy Scout Troop 400 in Pacific Palisades, California since 2003.
Early in his career, Michael and his partner, Michael J. Narvid, founded the Bradley Circle, a young professionals support group for then Mayor Tom Bradley.
Beyond the bar, Michael, his wife and three children reside in Pacific Palisades, California. Michael is an avid skier and tennis player and enjoys travel, cycling, scuba diving, and backpacking. He also collects wine and spends time taking photos and creating multimedia projects with his images. Michael is also a multi-engine instrument rated pilot.
Bar & Court Admissions
- California State Bar
- Supreme Court of the United States
- U.S. District Court, Central District of California
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of California
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of California
- Supreme Court of California
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Ninth Circuit
- Association of Business Trial Lawyers
- Real Estate Section of the San Fernando Valley Bar Association
- Los Angeles County Bar Association
- Real Estate, Business, and Litigation sections of the State Bar of California
- Federal Bar Association and the Lawyer-Pilots Bar Association.
- Hastings College of Law, Juris Doctorate, 1979; co-executive editor of Comment/a Communications and Entertainment Law
- University of Exeter in Devon, England
- University of California at San Diego, B.A., History, 1977.